Monday, June 13, 2011

Throw Momma From The Train

While waiting for Jacob to finish his All-star baseball practice today, I chose to chillax with a sweet tea at Mickey D's. I began reading an article in the local paper about people lining up for the 60 courtroom seats in the Casey Anthony trial. Puhleeze!!!

Somebody tell me what's wrong with THIS picture??? I mean, here are people who are coming out as early as 1 a.m. to get a place in line!!! I just don't see how making this tragedy a spectacle is beneficial to society AT ALL! A court spokeswoman actually said that they had considered lottery tickets! For real!!  (0_o) What's this world coming to?

First, this is a horrible incident. The life of a precious little girl was snuffed out by her no-account Mama. Yes, she's claiming it was an accidental drowning in the bath tub, but really....who believes that?  I don't. 

Secondly, there are grandparents and other family members to consider. Imagine with me, if you can, the horror they must feel KNOWING that their own child is capable of this kind of atrocious act. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. I just cannot fathom, for the life of me, how a mother could be so selfish and self-absorbed, that she could, or would, take the life of her own child. As frustrating as motherhood and parenting can sometimes be, there are innumerable blessings that far outweigh the trials of parenthood.  I just don't know how one arrives at that decision.

Thirdly, I'm just gonna say it. Speak my mind loud and clear, as to why it is so seemingly easy for people such as Casey Anthony to kill her own child. Thank you, Rowe v. Wade! Is it surprising that more crimes against children have occurred since it's passage in 1973? If the life of a child is not valued while in the womb, is it any wonder that it's worthless after birth? Everyone is A-Ok with killing the most innocent victims. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Abortion is the ONLY "viable" choice for the pro-abortion crowd. The words "viable" and "abortion" should never be used in the same sentence. It is an oxymoron. Viable means "life" and abortion means "death." Abortion is cruel and inhumane on every visceral level.

In this case, I think it's time to Throw Momma From the Train!!! Casey Anthony deserves the death penalty, and nothing less. As for the would-be spectators, they should be ashamed of themselves for making this tragedy a public spectacle and courtroom circus!

Ah, well....that's my rant for the day. 

L8R Dayz, 

Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment