Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jazz Fest 2011

Jazz Fest at The Amp is gonna be awesome!  Not only is the weather perfect......the breeze from the lake is balmy and scented with all of the decadent Southern aromas of magnolia, mimosa, gardenia, and honeysuckle.....the music is gonna be fine! Some of the featured blues/jazz musicians are: Randall Bramlett Band, Geoff Achison and the Souldiggers (from Austrailia), and JJ Grey and Mofro. The only band I've heard before is the Randall Bramlett Band. He was here a couple of years ago, when Joe Bonamassa was the headliner. 

I'm writing this while waiting for Jaala to get a funnel cake....and it's taking forever!  I'm also barefooted....yup, shoeless Starr, because the strap on my new white sandals (that I just bought this morning) broke within less than 5 minutes of being here. After all that harping by Jaala about me not wearing shoes that matched....and when I finally found a pair of white ones that I actually liked.....well, nuff said. 

The funniest thing, is that my Mama called me soon after Randall Bramlett came on to play. I kept telling her to hold on, I couldn't hear...and she hung up on me anyway. In a few seconds she called back. By that time I had walked far enough away from the music, so I could hear her. She asked me what "all that racket" was and then she  said she called to tell me that the Jazz Fest was this weekend and that I should go.  She had seen it advertised in a paper. When I told her that I was here and  it was why I couldn't hear her earlier, she laughed. :) So did I. 

Jaala Rose didn't think she'd see anyone she knew, but as soon as we got parked, she leaned over to whisper that the girl who'd just gotten out of another car was the most annoying girl at school. Then when we got in the shuttle to take us up to the Amp, the girl sat in the seat in front of us. I asked Jaala if that was the girl she had told me about, and she looked at me, and with pursed lips, shushed me...like she was the parent shushing a child who talks out loud about the fat lady at the grocery store or the kid picking his nose at Mickey D's! (0_o)

I've seen several people that I know, met some new people, and am thoroughly enjoying the blues music.  Jazz Fest has been an event, much like En Fuego, that I've come to enjoy and look forward to each year. I missed Jazz Fest last year because I was with my Mom, taking her to the doctor.  I've seen Joe Bonamassa, Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, and the Zac Brown Band here at Jazz Fest.

Jaala Rose just now came out of the funnel cake line, so we're off to hear some sweet, summer blues music!

Later summer days,

Starr

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you had a great time! I hope to update my blog before I go to bed. I am holding mancub and typing with one hand while he plays with Abigails cild laptop toy thing. Wait until you read about what happened to my corn today!!!!

    I have been catching up on your blog. I didn't realize you like sports so much. :)

    Thanks for sharing the link with me. love you!

    ReplyDelete