Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Look Back


How optimistic I was. And how wrong. 2012 was devastating to me personally and I honestly don't know how I lived through it. 

❤️🐈🐾 I'm pretty sure I only made it through 2012 and 2013 because of my special needs cat, Sophie. I knew no one else could/would care for her and she needed me to live to be her cat guardian until her time came to cross the Rainbow Bridge 21 August 2014.

2014 was the year I came back into myself as I remember almost nothing about 2013 due to the pit of depression I was in.

Why do people say we 'struggle' with depression? I've found I am quite proficient at it, during certain times of the year. Especially those associated with grief and loss. Grief is cyclical and remains inside until something triggers it: a smell, a song, a memory.

I shan't make any prediction about 2017. Truth is, I've also learnt that Life is a bitch and none of us make it out alive. The only difference is in how we endure and survive until then. However long, or short, that will be. 

Later Dayz!⏳

Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment